Hurting. But Happy

Why Draft House is brave and the budget was stupid. Monumentally stupid. 

I don't know about you but I am confused. And it’s not just the breakfast beers. Today I learn that 143,000 more people have jobs than did last month (hooray). But the day before brought news that average spending power is down 2% (oh). All I know is I am feeling skint and I suspect many of you are too. This austerity lark is catching and judging from conversations with customers is driven by a genuine sense that we are growing poorer.

This is a long way of saying that, despite the Chancellor putting up beer duty by 7.5% (yes,  you read that correctly - and just after the VAT rise) we are holding prices where they are. And in some cases reducing them.

That’s really just so you know. And also perhaps to encourage you to buy more beer. In a healthy way.


Comments

Popular Posts